A. INFORMATION COLLECTED
1. The Personal Information about you which we or the Group may collect via print and digital channels (including but not limited to Website, Social Media and Mobile Apps) includes:
- information collected when you register or update an online profile or when you fill in or update your information with us, which may include personal information such as your photograph, name, and contact details;
- the contents of all printed and electronic forms or documents submitted to us via printed collateral or forms, the Group’s Website and any digital and mobile platforms (eg. Email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, Viber and any social media and apps), including identity documents and proof of address;
- information input or submitted to online facilities such as search tools and calculators;
- personalisation preferences you select as you use the Group’s Website, digital and mobile platforms;
- information submitted if you participate in survey or competition whether via online or otherwise;
- any messages or comments you submit to us via the Group’s Website or in whatever manner, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number;
- information obtained independently by the Group from other lawful sources; and
- the contents of all forms and/or documents submitted and/or collected by the Group.
B. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. The Group may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- providing you with services or benefits under any of the Group's business or policies; and/or
- processing your application under any of the Group's programmes; and/or
- where relevant, marketing of goods and services and sending any updates, new products, special offers, advertising, promotional material and/or commercial material to you (including emails, short message services or other means) and/or to be used in, to provide and/or improve the services of the Group, processing invoices and payments (including card payments) and providing other services to enhance and support the relationship of the Group and you and/or such other persons or companies represented by you; and/or
- conducting research on planning, product, goods, services, security and testing; and/or
- carrying out matching procedure in accordance with the law; and/or
- performing statistical analysis for various objectives in the Group and providing this information within the Group; and/or
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development, record-keeping or enhancement of the Group’s business including for the purpose of which is relevant to support and/or assist in any of the Group’s businesses or the Group’s Website; and/or
- purposes connected with the administration, management and/or enforcement of the commercial transaction and for contact and communication with you and/or such other persons or companies as represented by you; and/or
- where required by law, where the Group consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process, or where the Group suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and/or
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in any company within the Group; and/or
- where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or services as required by the Group; and/or
- enabling the Group or where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or obligations as required under the laws, rules, regulations, by laws and/or guidelines (whether or not having the force of law) or as required by any governmental and/or non-governmental authorities, agencies or departments or a third party requires in order to ensure compliance with agreement(s) or document(s); and/or
- where a third party requires in order for purposes of preparation and submission of any claims or payments to any party or for any audit/checks by any party for whatever purpose related to the Group’s business; and/or
- purposes connected with the enforcement of the Group’s rights pursuant to any letter, agreement and/or document including seeking legal and financial advice, taking any preliminary steps or commencing any legal action; and/or
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law; and/or
- customer loyalty programmes.
2. We may either contact you for the purpose as set out in (B) above via telephone calls, emails, short message services, social media or by whatsoever form of available communication.
C. USE AND DISCLOSURE
1. The Group may disclose and transfer your Personal Information (whether in Australia or abroad) amongst any company within the Group and/or to third parties including but not limited to the Group's agents, consultants, solicitors, auditors, employers, contractors, suppliers, partners, joint venture partners, advertisers, purchasers, network operators, service providers, associated companies, any relevant authorities, embassies, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, organisations or any relevant financial institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to the Group or any company within the Group, any of the companies within the Group, (including those established or incorporated from time to time) actual or proposed assignees or transferees or buyers of any of rights/businesses/assets of the companies within the Group, service providers (including those who assist us in providing/developing/maintaining the Group’s Website and digital platforms), for the Group’s operational, administration and development requirements and to organizations who provide archival, auditing, professional advisory, debt collection, insurance, banking, marketing, advertising, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, call centre, technology, research, utility, loyalty programme and security services to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Information for the purposes of (B) above for and on behalf of Group.
2. The Group uses and discloses aggregated non-personally identifying information collected by us as part of the Group’s process of constantly improving the Group’s Website, our business and/or the Group’s business.
3. We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
D. IMPACT OF NON PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Information is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to the Group then your application or request to the Group for any of the above purposes as set out in (B) above may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Group’s Website may be denied or the Group will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services and/or perform its obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
E. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Your Personal Information shall be stored either in hard copies in the Group’s offices or stored in servers located in or outside Australia and operated by the Group or its service providers in or outside Australia. For more information on any overseas disclosures, see paragraph (K).
2. Any Personal Information supplied by you will be retained by the Group as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated in (B) above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect the Group's interests.
F. HOW WE HANDLE EMAIL AND “CONTACT US” MESSAGES
1. The Group may preserve the content of any email or "Contact us" or other electronic message that the Group receives.
3. The message content may be monitored by the Group’s service providers or employees for purposes including compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
G. COMMUNICATION OR UTILIZATION DATA
1. Through your use of telecommunications services to access the Group’s Website, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Information.
2. To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the Act.
H. NON-IDENTIFYING DATA COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
1. When you access the Group’s Website, the Group may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-identifying data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed).
2. The Group may use this data and share it with the rest of the Group to monitor the attractiveness of the Group’s Website and to improve their performance or content.
1. When you view the Group’s Website, the Group may store some non-identifying data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your personal computer next time you visit. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
2. Cookies can help the Group in many ways, for example, by allowing the Group to tailor a website to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time.
3. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
J. CONFIDENTIALITY OF NON-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
1. Any questions, comments, suggestions or information that is not Personal Information submitted to us in whatever manner (including those sent or posted in the Group’s Website) will be deemed voluntarily provided to the Group on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
2. The Group reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
L. SAFETY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The Group uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Information.
2. For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while the Group strives to protect such Personal Information, the Group cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted to the Group and you do so at your own risk. Once any Personal Information comes into the Group’s possession, the Group will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
3. A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of the Group’s Website. For your own protection, the Group’s requires you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
4. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
K. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Due to the global nature of the Group’s business, the Group may transfer your Personal Information to Group members and our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. Any Personal Information transferred shall be used for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
3. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your Personal Information do not breach applicable privacy obligations relating to your Personal Information.
4. We may disclose your Personal Information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our related bodies corporate (including other Group members), located in the following countries: Malaysia,
- our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in Malaysia and
- other third parties located in Malaysia.
1. The Group’s Website may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave the Group’s Website and the Group does not exercise control over any Personal Information or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left the Group’s Website.
2. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
N. ACCESS TO, AND CORRECTION OF, PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. You may request access to any Personal Information that we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your Personal Information.
2. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information that we hold about you. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
3. If you believe that any Personal Information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request that we amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the Personal Information stating that you disagree with it.
1. If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Act, if applicable).
P. Contact details
2. Please contact us at:
|Address||:||Level 11, RACV Tower,
485 Bourke Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
|Person in charge||:||Business Development Department|
|Tel No||:||0411 523 355|
3. Please click below privacy notice for:
- Gamuda Group Corporate Communications
- Group Human Resources
- Administration Department
- Insurance Department
- Gamuda Trading Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Plant Operator School (GPOS)
- Management Information System Department
- Megah Sewa Sdn Bhd
- Masterpave Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Water Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Water Treatment Plant (Bandong)
- Gamuda Water Treatment Plant (Rasa)
- Tender & Budget’s Department
- Transport Planning Department
- Company Secretarial Department
- Gamuda Learning Centre
- Design & Technical Department
- G.B. Kuari Sdn Bhd
Q. PERSONAL INFORMATION GIVEN BY YOU
1. You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the persons or companies represented by you for you to provide their respective Personal Information to us for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
R. CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
NAMES OF THE COMPANIES
- Harum Intisari Sdn Bhd
- Hicom-Gamuda Development Sdn Bhd
- Horizon Hills Development Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Land Vietnam Limited Liability Company
- Gamuda-NamLong Development Limited Liability Company
- Sai Gon Thuong Tin Tan Thang Investment Real Estate Joint Stock Company
- Valencia Development Sdn Bhd
- Valencia Township Sdn Bhd
- Rebung Property Services Sdn Bhd
- Madge Mansions Sdn Bhd
- Setara Hati Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Land (HCMC) Sdn Bhd
- Idaman Robertson Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Land Sdn Bhd
- Reka Strategi Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Paper Industries Sdn Bhd
- Jade Homes Sdn Bhd
- Megah Landscape Sdn Bhd
- Jade Homes Resort Berhad
- Jade Homes Property Services Sdn Bhd
- Bandar Botanic Resort Berhad
- Botanic Property Services Sdn Bhd
- GL (MM2H) Sdn Bhd
- Temasek Ekslusif Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda GM Klang Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda GM Sdn Bhd
- HGD Property Services Sdn Bhd
- Horizon Hills Property Services Sdn Bhd
- Danau Permai Resort Berhad
- Horizon Hills Resort Berhad
- Sistem Penyuraian Trafik KL Barat Sdn Bhd
- Mapex Infrastructure Private Limited
- Emas Expressway Private Limited
- Lingkaran Trans Kota Sdn Bhd
- Madang Permai Sdn Bhd
- Kesas Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Water Sdn Bhd
- Syarikat Mengurus Air Banjir & Terowong Sdn Bhd
- Syarikat Pengeluar Air Sungai Selangor Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Engineering Sdn Bhd
- Masterpave Sdn Bhd
- Ganaz Bina Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Saudi Arabia L.L.C.
- Gamuda-WCT (India) Private Limited
- MMC-Gamuda Joint Venture Sdn Bhd
- MMC Gamuda KVMRT (PDP) Sdn Bhd
- MMC Gamuda KVMRT (T) Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Trading Sdn Bhd
- G.B. Kuari Sdn Bhd
- Megah Management Services Sdn Bhd
- Megah Sewa Sdn Bhd
- GPI Trading Sdn Bhd
- Dyna Plastics Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda Overseas Investment Ltd
- Megah Capital Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda (Offshore) Private Limited
- Gammau Construction Sdn Bhd
- Sistem Penyuraian Trafik KL Barat Holdings Sdn Bhd
- Gamuda-WCT (Offshore) Private Limited
- Suria Holding (O) Pvt Ltd
- Projek Smart Holdings Sdn Bhd
- Lingkaran Trans Kota Holdings Berhad
- Syarikat Pengeluar Air Selangor Holdings Berhad
- Kesas Holdings Berhad
- GIT Services Sdn Bhd
- Kota Kemuning Nursery & Landscaping Sdn Bhd